[Newbies] Squeak and Pocket PC questions

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at squeakland.org
Tue Aug 15 04:20:37 UTC 2006

  Hello, Petr,

> I have some questions about the use of Squeak on Pocket PC (Windows
> Mobile 5 [WM5]).

  I don't have any experience with WM5, but...

> 1) how to detect "tap and hold" event?

  If I remember correctly, it is reported as a "blue button"
click. (But since you're asking this, I may be wrong.)  What should
it do?

> 2) how to disable fullscreen display mode? (is it possible? is it
> possible to show squeak GUI form on screen with WM5 taskbar and
> start-menu visible?)

  It should have been possible, if the image is not configured to
start up in full-screen mode.  (But again, it may not be the case on
WM5).  Try 'full screen on' and 'full screen off' in the 'help...'
menu and see what happens.

> 3) how to show standard WM5 keyboard on screen if squeak appliaction is
> running?

  Same as above.

> 4) will be Squeak 3.9 image for Pocket PC available in the future?

  Did you try?  It may work just fine.

-- Yoshiki