[Newbies] three button mice on windows and macs

Rainer Keller driverwriter at mac.com
Thu Aug 31 15:14:45 UTC 2006

Hi All,

I am pretty new to Squeak. I just wrote a minimal parser of some
configuration files and started to feel comfortable in the environment.

Now since a few years I mostly use macs but at my new job I will have
to work with Windows again. So I loved that fact that I can open my
Squeak image on OSX and XP and just use the tools that I create in
squeak on both systems.

On both systems I have three button mice. Because the scroll wheel
(middle) button is rather hard to press I am using it to get the
halos, with the right mouse button used for the context menu. Now I
found the general preference to set this up, but the behavior is
inverse on windows than on macs. So when switching platforms I always
have to change the preference.

Did I overlook another setting or a configuration file that would fix
this? Or in which class (or possibly where in the VM code) would be a
good place to fix this?

Best regards,
Rainer Keller