[Newbies] what no Smalltalk at OOPSLA2006?

Bakki Kudva bakki.kudva at gmail.com
Thu Aug 31 17:52:09 UTC 2006

[Newbie Perspective]

I was looking for tutorials, tracks or just about anything related to
Smalltalk, Seaside at Oopsla2006 in Portland on October 22-26. I was
disappointed to see that there isn't any Smalltalk related topic -
what's up with that?

-bakki

PS: These are the closest things I could find-

 Dynamic Languages Symposium
(Program/Venues)
...ussion of dynamic languages, their implementation and applications.
While mature dynamic languages including Smalltalk, Lisp, Scheme, and
Prolog

   T48: Totally Awesome Computing: Python as a General-Purpose
Programming Language
(Submission/Tutorials)
...nd their knowledge of the principles of programming languages,
since advanced language features (like novel, SmallTalk-like
applications of polymorphism) are so easy to teach in Python. Format:
The p...

---sad to see that only mention of Smalltalk is to make a point that
Python is great!