[Newbies] working with dates

Kel Graham kel at orawia.com
Tue Dec 12 10:04:27 UTC 2006

Hello,

I'd like to see how to control the formatting and storage of dates. I'm in
the UK so would like to store my dates in yyyy-mm-dd format, but display
them as dd-mm-yyyy; or as '12 December 2006' sometimes as well. I've looked
at the Date class, but apart from the printFormat: method (which I can't see
an explanation of the format) I can't see any easy way of ensuring that
squeak converts my dd-mm-yyyy input into a nice ISO yyyy-mm-dd format.

Could anyone suggest some classes/code to look at?

Thanks very much,
Kel.