[Newbies] 3.9 issues...

Marcus Denker denker at iam.unibe.ch
Sat Dec 23 09:53:39 UTC 2006

On 23.12.2006, at 10:40, Blake wrote:

> I've finally had a chance to play with the Squeak 3.9 release under
> Windows.
>
> I like the main toolbar, the look and functionality. It causes an
> error if I click on the view-world-hierarchy icon, a particularlly
> frustrating one since it doesn't actually appear and the screen
> seems to lock up unless you tab to Squeak. This doesn't seem like
> it's fully done, so I'm not sweating it.

The Toolbar is from SmallLand... it's not enabled by default, thus is
never got tested. Back when we did the merge of SmallLand, I hoped
that the Smallland
peopel would use (and test) this, but they did not, at least we got
no fixes after the big merge. Nevertheless, I think it was good to
have 3.9 as a mergepoint between
SqueakLand/SmallLand and Squeak.org, even if it turned out that
neither SmallLand nor SqueakLand ever had a look.

> What really is troubling me is that I can't seem to make the
> Workspace work. I'm not sure if the key-bindings have been changed
> to Ctrl from Alt, but neither Ctrl nor Alt + D/I don't seem to
> work, i.e, there's no indication that they're doing anything, they
> don't seem to produce any results (although the D seems to
> occasionally erase everything selected).

No problem at all here.

	Marcus