[Newbies] Squeak/eToys manual?

John Kershaw lists at kershaw.org
Sat Jul 1 08:56:37 UTC 2006

Hi all,

As a newcomer to Squeak/eToys I've been searching for info on helping
my 9-11 year olds write 'Tamagotchi' style simulations, since I've
been unable to find a straight-forward manual. There's lots of
'Getting started' materials, but nothing on getting to the next level.

I signed up this 'Newbies' list but, to be honest, does parsing XMLs
using the SAX or DOM models really fit into that category?

Can someone point me to resources for real (3-4 weeks experience) newbies?

John.