[Newbies] Squeak/eToys manual?

Stephane Schitter stephane.schitter at free.fr
Sat Jul 1 13:09:21 UTC 2006

David T. Lewis a écrit :
> On Sat, Jul 01, 2006 at 09:56:37AM +0100, John Kershaw wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> As a newcomer to Squeak/eToys I've been searching for info on helping
>> my 9-11 year olds write 'Tamagotchi' style simulations, since I've
>> been unable to find a straight-forward manual. There's lots of
>> 'Getting started' materials, but nothing on getting to the next level.
>>
>> I signed up this 'Newbies' list but, to be honest, does parsing XMLs
>> using the SAX or DOM models really fit into that category?
>>
>> Can someone point me to resources for real (3-4 weeks experience) newbies?
>>

> John,
>
> You can sign up for the general-purpose Squeak developers' list here:

> This list covers a wide range of technical topics, so it sometimes may
> seem intimidating if you are just getting started. However, newbie
> questions of all kinds are welcome, and a question like yours would
> certainly get some answers.
>
> Dave

Dave,

Being a starter myself as well, and finding it difficult to move from
the initial easy steps to a slightly more advanced use of squeak, I tend
to agree with John. Shouldn't it be the other way around, where some
discussions taking place on the newbie mailing-list should be moved to
the squeak-dev one ?

Regards,
Stephane