[Newbies] "CamelCase" vs. Infix

Bert Freudenberg bert at impara.de
Sun Jul 2 10:35:20 UTC 2006

Am 02.07.2006 um 11:03 schrieb Blake:

> On Sat, 01 Jul 2006 21:33:04 -0700, itsme213 <itsme213 at hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I miss my Ruby macros (1st day in Squeak and I love it ... dislike
>> the camelCase tho'). Would this be the correct way to go about it?
>
> Not to hijack, but this is the second time I've run across the term
> "camelCase" in the past week after never running into it before. I
> always thought the term for caps in the middle was "infix"--but
> when I didn't see "infix" used anywhere in what I was searching, I
> began to wonder--have I made this up?

I guess so. I only know "infix" pertaining to "notation", in contrast
to "prefix" and "postfix" notation.

	http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infix_notation

I got to know the style as "mixed case", contrasting with "upper
case" and "lower case". But "CamelCase" seems to have become
ubiquitous, my personaI guess is because it's an insiders-joke,
similar to "duck typing":

	http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CamelCase

- Bert -