[Newbies] Plain file editing

stéphane ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Sun Jul 2 08:27:06 UTC 2006

On 2 juil. 06, at 00:42, itsme213 wrote:

> Is there an easy way, within squeak itself, to open a text editor
> on an entire class and simply edit the file and "save" the entire
> file (equivalently, "file-in" the string-buffer). I find I am
> quicker with this than all the mousing around, specially when
> making a new class.
>
> I know I can file-out and file-in, but I am looking to avoid those
> steps.

Basically you should try to avoid to fileout and file in all the time.
The code browser is there to help you, shout the syntax editor can
help you to find mistake.
Writing Smalltalk in VI can be painful.

I suggest you to:
	- save your image
	- save the category doing a fileout
	- use Monticello and save a package
but work with the tools

have a look at my videos they show all the steps to do one by one.

http://www.listic.univ-savoie.fr/~ducasse/Resources.html/