[Newbies] linux squeak startup

Milan Zimmermann milan.zimmermann at sympatico.ca
Sat Jul 8 02:56:06 UTC 2006

Cedrik,

FWIW, the attached /etc/init.d/squeak_http is what I use to run seaside-based
applications on Linux startup. It was mostly borrowed from SuSE and should be
LSB 1.2 compliant, but not completely sure. Also, the main script actually
calls another one (squeak_http_service, also attached), I think the reason
was I wanted a script that can be edited by regular user, not sure why - you
can probably just move the corresponding start/stop sections from
squeak_http_service to squeak_http.

To enable it as startup service, run

chkconfig --add squeak_http

Milan