[Newbies] About Pier and Squeak

Damien Cassou damien.cassou at laposte.net
Tue Jul 11 03:03:45 UTC 2006

Hi Serdar,

first of all, there is a mailing list dedicated to Smallwiki, Pier and
Magritte. You can send your questions there if you want.

Then, I advise you to test your image locally before sending it to your
server as it is always slower to do so.

The command to start the server is:

WAKom startOn: 8080

If you want to control your remote image, you can install
RemoteFrameBuffer (SqueakMap) on it before an run

WAVNCController initialize

That will allow you to put your image on a server, and on your local
machine you can install a VNC client to control it remotely.

I'm not sure this answer all your questions. Feel free to ask again :-)