[Newbies] Squeak/eToys manual?

David Corking lists at dcorking.com
Thu Jul 13 10:57:31 UTC 2006

crossposting beginners and squeakland to keep the thread together.

> On 2006 July 10 04:28, John Kershaw wrote:
> > Yes, I've been through those tutorials, and they're good, (though not sure
> > why the extremely advanced Kedama tutorial is placed first) but they're
> > only enough to whet one's appetite. Surely the paint/handles/car tutorials
> > should be the first of 20 or 30 tutorials, graded by difficulty/chapter,
> > with Kedema being the 'Final Boss' tutorial?
> >
> > And where are the 'eToy a week' projects Alan talks about? I'd like to have
> > a butcher's at those!

There is an Etoys link on the website site map, to here,
http://www.squeakland.org/kids/sqfest_2004.htm
There are a few dozen, but it does not seem to be updated with new
contributions.

Build your own Etoys with the project guides
http://www.squeakland.org/sqmedia/projects/etoyposters.htm

There are only three Etoys of the month, here:
http://www.squeakland.org/fun_projects/proj_pe_mo/feature_project.htm
http://www.squeakland.org/fun_projects/proj_pe_mo/past_project.htm

If you want more Etoys and Projects, download them from _inside_
Squeak.  Go to the Navigator flap, click Find, and then click
"Squeakland-Projects"  This is a largely different set to those on the
website, but you will find an Etoy template and several versions of
the toys from the tutorials in there.

I am sure someone will fix this in the website redesign.

David