[Newbies] Sqeak install from source under linux problem

salmonix salmonix at gmail.com
Sat Jul 15 11:26:28 UTC 2006

Hi,
I am trying to install a Squeak-3.8.-6665-i686-pc-linux-gnu-3.77.tar under
my Slackware-based distro Vector Linux 5.1.
I followed the README file, compiled the package withour problem it seemed.
However, I have not been able to find the corresponding squeak files and
folders  in /usr/local or /lib (as I remember some should be there too) so I
can not run the program. Unfortunately I have not been able to find hint
about the solution.

The directory I ran the install was the /home directory. I use a 2.6.17.3.
vanilla kernel configured for my hardware, Nvidia FX5600 card, AMD Sempron
2400+ proc.