[Newbies] inserting images with Seaside

Thomas Keller thokeller at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 17:07:34 UTC 2006

Greetings,
I'm working through the excellent tutorial by David Shafer (
http://www.shaffer-consulting.com/david/Seaside/)
but I can't figure out how to get my images and other static (non-squeak)
stuff to be found.
I have a directory named "Resources" in the same directory as my image file.
I started the server with the following:
"Kill all existing Kom HTTP servers"
HttpService allInstancesDo: [ :each | each stop. each unregister ].

"Start a new server o port 9090 serving both static content and seaside
apps"
| ma seaside |
seaside _ WAKom default.
ma _ ModuleAssembly core.
ma serverRoot: (FileDirectory default directoryNamed: 'Resources') fullName.
ma alias: '/seaside' to: [ma addPlug: [ :request | seaside process:
request]].
ma documentRoot: (FileDirectory default directoryNamed: 'Resources')
fullName.
ma directoryIndex: 'index.html'.
ma serveFiles.
(HttpService startOn: 9090 named: 'httpd') plug: ma rootModule

in my renderContentOn: html definition I enter the following:
html image: 'Resources/images.jpg' altText: 'Cybele-photo01.jpg'.

The Seaside component renders fine, but the image in Resources gives the
message:
Error: "/seaside/Resources/images.jpg" not found

What am I doing wrong?

--
Tom
"Ecrasez l'Infame!" -- Voltaire