[Newbies] inserting images with Seaside

Thomas Keller thokeller at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 20:55:30 UTC 2006

Thanks for your help. But I'm still confused about the directory tree being
used. My files are in this hierarchy:
- MySqueak (dir)
    - Squeak3.8-TJK.image
    - Resources (dir)
        - Cybele-photo01.jpg

What I understand your message to mean is that the documentRoot object
contains static files that I can render without additional path information.
So an image in Resources should render just by giving its filename. So I
tried
html image: 'Cybele-photo01.jpg' altText: 'Cybele photo'.
This gives
Error: "/seaside/Cybele-photo01.jpg" not found.

Since that didn't render the image, I tried:
html image: 'Resources/Cybele-photo01.jpg' altText: 'Cybele photo'.
But also gives the not found error.
Error: "/seaside/Resources/Cybele-photo01.jpg" not found.

So at this point I'm stumped. I'm sure it's a trivial config issue. I'll
keep working through the tutorial.

Thanks again.
Tom Keller

Also, the a
On 7/22/06, David Shaffer <cdshaffer at acm.org> wrote:

> Thomas Keller wrote:
>
> > [snip]
> >

> > in my renderContentOn: html definition I enter the following:
> > html image: 'Resources/images.jpg' altText: 'Cybele-photo01.jpg'.
>

> Since you specified the Resources directory as the your file root (in
> your server startup code) you don't need it it.  The file name
> (Cybele-photo01.jpg) doesn't belong in the alttext part of the tag.
> Also, do you have a directory called images.jpg in your Resources
> directory?  Here's what I think you want but it depends on what your
> directory structure is below Resources:
>
> html image: 'images.jpg/Cybele-photo01.jpg' altText: 'Photo of Cybele'
>
> Hope that helps...
>
> David

Tom
"Ecrasez l'Infame!" -- Voltaire