[Newbies] Returning focus to caller

Jesus Alvarez jalvare1 at uiuc.edu
Sun Jul 30 21:49:05 UTC 2006

I have a Squeak application that has a main window (SystemWindow) and
sometimes opens dialog windows to request user input (also SystemWindows).
When a dialog is closed, I would like to return keyboard and mouse focus to
the caller. I tried

returnFocus
	(model isMorph) ifTrue: [
		self currentHand newKeyboardFocus: model.
		self currentHand newMouseFocus: model.].

but that doesn't work. If several windows are open, it can return to a
window other than the caller. BTW - The model is the caller window.

What is the recommended way to return focus to a previous window?

Thanks.