[Newbies] Cpying files with file list

Milan Zimmermann milan.zimmermann at sympatico.ca
Sat Jun 3 19:43:04 UTC 2006

Hi Joaquin,

First, to "move a file", you can do a "drag and drop":
	1) highlight the file by  left-button-click (red-click) on the file
	2) start action by doing left-button-press-down (red-press-down) on the file
	3) once you move the mouse, a small icon appears
	4) drag to destination folder
	5) finish by left-button-release

The file has to be already highlighted for the drag and drop to initiate,
which is sort of annoying. Also, I do not think there is file cut/paste on
the middle-click (blue-click) menu.

Now, to "copy a file", you do excatly as above, but, just before step 2), push
the "SHIFT" button. The action is exactly the same, apart from the small icon
it step 3 has a little "+" sign, signifying copy.

There is a interesting twist - you can change from "move" to "copy" and back
in the middle of your action but pushing or releasing shift followed by a
slight move of the mouse.

let me know in case this did not work for you,

Milan