[Newbies] Starting

mathieu mathk.sue at gmail.com
Sun Jun 4 17:57:52 UTC 2006

stéphane ducasse a écrit :
> This is a great question.
>

> SmalltalkImage>>snapshot: save andQuit: quit embedded: embeddedFlag
>
> the idea is that this is the same method that shutdown the image and
> that restart it.
> In fact when shutdoiwn the PC points on the next instruction to be
> executed that is
> to resume and restart the image :)
>
> Stef

Ok so if I have understand what you say evry time I quit, the image
while restart whith at the following instruction (base on my 3.8 image):

	quit & (resuming == false) ifTrue: [self quitPrimitive].

	"Here"
->	Cursor normal show.
	Smalltalk setGCParameters.
	resuming == true ifTrue: [Smalltalk clearExternalObjects].
	Smalltalk processStartUpList: resuming == true.
	resuming == true ifTrue:[
		self setPlatformPreferences.
		self readDocumentFile].
	Smalltalk isMorphic ifTrue: [SystemWindow wakeUpTopWindowUponStartup].
	"Now it's time to raise an error"
	resuming == nil ifTrue: [self error:'Failed to write image file (disk
full?)'].
	^ resuming