[Newbies] Primitive stuff

Bert Freudenberg bert at impara.de
Sun Jun 4 19:02:04 UTC 2006

Am 04.06.2006 um 20:18 schrieb mathieu:

> Hi,
>
> I have an other questions. Hope I don't bother you.

That's what this list is for.

> How can I read primitive methode code?

Install the VMMaker package from SqueakMap. It contains most of the
cross-platform primitives, which are written in (a subset of)
Smalltalk, and translated to C. There are some platform-specific
primitives, too, which need additional C support code. It can be
downloaded from squeakvm.org.

> And what do SqueakV3.sources file serve for?

It contains the sourcecode of all methods from the Squeak 3.0
release. It is be shared by all 3.x images. Changes that happened
since then are recorded in the .changes file accompanying your image.

- Bert -