[Newbies] Re: Accessing projects from a Web page

Klaus D. Witzel klaus.witzel at cobss.com
Sat Jun 10 15:32:42 UTC 2006

On Sat, 10 Jun 2006 12:45:37 +0200, Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> Am 10.06.2006 um 11:29 schrieb Klaus D. Witzel:
>>> This test page assumes you actually use Squeakland's
>>> SqueakPlugin.image. That image has the "golden" navigator flap enabled
>>> by default.
>>
>> I believe that is indeed the case, it says 'Squeakland 3.8-05 of 1
>> September 2005'. I use it for the Petri net demo
>> - http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~scg/Teaching/CP/PetriNets/
>>
>>> Using the Squeakland image, the world menu fits on the screen for me.
>>
>> Not that I did expect the following but, enlarging the Opera web page
>> to 150% did the job, the menu now fits :)
>
> I suspect that you ran that image manually and saved it (accidentally)
> with some non-default preferences.

No (did not run the image manually) and yes (saved the image from the
Opera browser after install+update code from server) and no (non-default
preferences): downloading a fresh copy from
  - http://squeakland.org/installers/SqueakPlugin.image.zip
this one says 'Squeakland 3.8-05 latest update: #481 Current Change Set:
Unnamed1' and also has no "golden" navigator flap (but "show shared flaps"
are enabled on the world menu, as before).

Perhaps a platform (Opera, WinXP) specific difference? Should there be any
other files (besides SqueakPlugin.image) on startup?

NB: after successfully doing an "update code from server" on the fresh
copy, when saving the resulting image, FileDirectory startUp does
DosFileDirectory assureDirectory: 'C:\My Squeak' which raises a debugger
but, the directory exists (and is populated) and on the next start (browse
page refresh), #systemInformationString still says update: #481. Saved
SqueakDebug.log if that is of interest.

/Klaus