[Newbies] Traditional Chinese characters in Squeak

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at squeakland.org
Sun Jun 11 14:42:32 UTC 2006

  Hello,

> I would like to know if Traditional Chinese is available as a language for the Squeak environment. I am living in Taiwan
> and would like that children in my wife's school use Squeak with menus in Traditional Chinese characters. I saw that the
> Japanese environment is available. It would be very nice if a
> Chinese one is available.

  The Simplified Chinese is getting in shape.  There are basically two
things we need to support the children's use.  One is fonts.  For
Simplified Chinese, we use WenQuanYi
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/wqy/).  If you have equivalent set of
fonts, please let me know.

  The second thing is the actual translation.  For eToys, there are a
couple of thousands phrases to translate.  It is a few weeks work that
a few people have to spend.

-- Yoshiki