[Newbies] UndefinedObject

nicolas cellier ncellier at ifrance.com
Mon Jun 12 21:08:45 UTC 2006

Le Dimanche 11 Juin 2006 14:54, mathieu a écrit :
> An other things intresting is where do nil being initialized? [I know he
> is an old friend but it should have been born in a certain time  :-) ]

I think this one is so essential, that you can only find it in some bootstrap
method not written in Smalltalk.

There must be a few initializer that you will hardly find in the image, like
initialization of Smalltalk (I mean SystemDictionary).
Did you see something like Smalltalk at: #Smalltalk put: Smalltalk ?

Like the (Metaclass class class) knot...

Like the Process stuff...

Feel free to discover more!

You must admit that an image must have been created once ex nihilo (or rather
ex C-code glue).

Nicolas