[Newbies] linux squeak startup

Damien Cassou damien.cassou at laposte.net
Tue Jun 20 18:00:41 UTC 2006

> do you know how to make an init.d script to start squeak each time a
> linux server starts... It's for seaside. For now I use a command line
> squeak -nodisplay myImage.image  but when I close the shell, squeak
> stops too

I think you just have to look at different exemples of scripts in
init.d/ to understand how to make one. Basically, a simple switch/case
statement that handles start|stop|restart could be enough.

To make a software stay alive after an exit of the owner, you should
call it with 'nohup':

# nohup squeak -nodisplay myImage.image

Bye