[Newbies] What was first: the chicken or the egg?

=?GB2312?B?0KXIuw==?= simbba at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 07:12:58 UTC 2006

Thansk you, Yoshiki

Your answer is the just one that solves the puzzle in my mind.
So, I am sure you can solve another puzzle in my mind about metaclass.

All things in Smalltalk are Objects include Classes,
all Classes are instances of MetaClass.
I consider this structure bring on an  advantage that we get a clean idea,
and we can make a simple VM which needn't distinguish:
1. common objects and Classes;
2. Classes and MetaClasses.
But, why metaclass structure  like this:
http://netjam.org/smalltalk/objectMetaphysics/

- Simbba