[Newbies] pathnames

Serge Stinckwich Serge.Stinckwich at info.unicaen.fr
Wed May 3 07:59:04 UTC 2006

Le 2 mai 06 à 19:53, Chris Kassopulo a écrit :

> Hello Ron,
>
> Thanks for the direction.
>
> To get the list of filenames in a directory, I do:
>
> "return the list of file names from a directory"
> aDirectory := FileDirectory on: '/home/cpulo/data'.
> aDirectory fileNames.
>
> or
>
> aDirectory := (FileDirectory on: '/home/cpulo/data') fileNames.
>
> Without the parens the path is taken as a ByteString.

For the french-speaking guys, i start to add the reply to the FAQ on
our Wiki :
http://community.ofset.org/wiki/FAQ_d%C3%A9veloppeur_Squeak

Maybe someone could do the same thing in english ?

--                                                         oooo
Dr. Serge Stinckwich                                     OOOOOOOO
Université de Caen>CNRS UMR 6072>GREYC>MAD               OOESUGOO
http://purl.org/net/SergeStinckwich                       oooooo
Smalltalkers do: [:it | All with: Class, (And love: it)]   \  /
                                                             ##