[Newbies] Monticello Questions

Todd Blanchard tblanchard at mac.com
Thu May 4 15:11:07 UTC 2006

>> When you open a repository, what is the difference between "Load",
>> "Merge", and "Adopt"?

I think load loads in the new code - when there are conflicts -

Merge does something similar - but provides a merge tool for letting
the user resolve the conflicts first.

Adopt (I think) makes that version the base version for changes going
forwards.  Kind of like branching off in a new direction.  I think
its good for recovering from coding down a blind alley and deciding
to back up and start over from some point.

Mostly I use save, load and merge.