[Newbies] TabbedBrowser

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Mon May 8 04:40:55 UTC 2006

Hello David,

DB> Is there a TabbedBrowser out there somewhere? By that I mean
DB> a SystemBrowser with tabs. I love tabbed browsing in the web

don't think so.

DB> Squeaking with my 19" monitor is fine, I can open a ton of
DB> standard SystemBrowsers, but on my laptop with its 12" screen, my
DB> real estate is diminished; hence the desire for tabs.

What I use (even my 21" can't hold enough Browsers), is the
TracingMessagesBrowser by Chris Muller. It gives you an indented view
of the control-flow with just one code-pane and a list of methods
above. Much better than Browsers if you have an algorithm with
responsibilities distributed among classes.

You follow the control flow across classes via senders and
implementors.

See a Screenshot in my post of 4. May here, regarding Squeak and the
keyboard.

It requires MA base additions and MA exception handling, all on
SqueakMap.

DB> If one doesn't exist anywhere, any suggestions as to how I
DB> would go about writing one myself? I looked around inside

Sorry I can't help with that.

Cheers

Herbert                            mailto:herbertkoenig at gmx.net