[Newbies] string translation - multi language application

cdrick cdrick65 at gmail.com
Mon May 8 12:30:36 UTC 2006

Hi again...

For my project, I need to have an application in french and spanish.

Do you have advice for simple translation mechanism (only strings).

I wanted to intercept the rendering of strings in seaside and then choose
the proper one according to the session language. If missing I was thinking
of opening a new component asking for the translation.

Are there any patterns to know about translating ?

Thanks for all

Cédrick

ps: Lukas told me once they use a special class TranslatedString that have
the same interface as Strings, but consists of a collection of translated
strings. I imagine there is a collection in a class variable, but how to
create strings after ? explicitly like TranslatedString: 'default' french:
'defaut' spanish:...