[Newbies] JPEGReadWriter2

Klaus D. Witzel klaus.witzel at cobss.com
Tue May 9 20:04:28 UTC 2006

Hi Waldemar,

on Sun, 07 May 2006 12:00:00 +0200, you <sourceforge at devmue.de> wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm using JPEGReadWriter2 which comment says:
> "... I require the VM plugin JPEGReadWriter2Plugin, which is typically
> stored in same directory as the Squeak virtual machine."
>
> I'm using Squeak3.8-current-win-full.zip and there is no "plugin" in
> the squeak VM directory.
> JPEGReadWriter2 still works and I'm wondering, if:
>
> - Is the plugin compiled into the squeak vm?

Most likely, the stock wintel Squeak VM 3.8 comes with plugins compiled
internalized.

> But 'Smalltalk listLoadedModules' results in:
>  #('SocketPlugin 23 September 2004 (i)' 'LargeIntegers v1.3 23 September
> 2004 (i)' 'Matrix2x3Plugin 23 September 2004 (i)' 'FloatArrayPlugin 23
> September 2004 (i)' 'BitBltPlugin 23 September 2004 (i)' 'B2DPlugin 23
> September 2004 (i)' 'SecurityPlugin 23 September 2004 (i)' 'FilePlugin
> 23 September 2004 (i)' 'MiscPrimitivePlugin 23 September 2004 (i)')
>
> There is no JPEGReadWriter2Plugin.

Here too but, have a look at the comment in the implementor of
#listLoadedModules where it talks about "currently loaded modules ...
(active) ..."

> - JPEGReadWriter2 doesn't actually use the plugin and has a fallback
> implementation to JPEGReadWriter?

Dunno, what do you do to use JPEGReadWriter2 (open file, http, or what?)

> - Where do I find plugins?

Plugins are part of the VMMaker package, can be installed with Squeak Map
Package loader.

> Thank you very much to clearify this.

Hope the above helps.

> Greeting