[Newbies] FW: how to set the cursor position in TextMorph

Ron Teitelbaum Ron at USMedRec.com
Wed May 10 17:03:02 UTC 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: squeak-dev-bounces at lists.squeakfoundation.org
[mailto:squeak-dev-bounces at lists.squeakfoundation.org] On Behalf Of Celal
Ziftci
Sent: Wednesday, May 10, 2006 10:50 AM
To: squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org
Subject: Re: how to set the cursor position in TextMorph

Hi Frank,
I think I'm getting the meaning of cursor wrong.
So basicly what I want to do is the following. I want to set the caret
position in the textmorph using some smalltalk code instead of using the
mouse.
As an example, assume I have the following text in a textmorph and | is
the place my caret is currently at:

smallt|alk

Now I want to move the caret to another place like:
sm|alltalk

but not by clicking there, using some code instead.
Is this possible at all? Do I need to imitate firing an event (something
like mouse down event)?
Thanks for any help.

- Celal Ziftci