[Newbies] opening tools with buttons

Chris Muller chris at funkyobjects.org
Mon May 15 15:50:07 UTC 2006

Greetings Chris,

I don't know whether you are more interested in the code or the end
result but..  another way to get these "buttons" without any code is to
make a duplicate of the menu/tool button via Morphics "duplicate" halo.

1.  click on the desktop, World menu appears.
2.  click on "open..." - open menu appears
3.  middle-click (or command+click) on a particular menu item TWICE
(once for the entire menu, again for the menu item) - Morphic halos
appear around that menu item.
4.  click and drag out from the green "duplicate" halo.

The same procedure can be applied to the ones on the tools flap.

 - Chris