[Newbies] Re: workspace on:file

cdrick cdrick65 at gmail.com
Thu May 18 12:57:59 UTC 2006

Hi Ron and thanks too ;)

> I didn't install it but, if this is the VW workpsace, I believe it is
> good:
> http://www.totallyobjects.com/vwfree.htm

looks interesting.. :) but I need to port it to squeak...and the morph
system... don't know if this is complicated
I think I'll have a look at FileList2 and try to open a directory with my
text files stored in a directory with the image...

But like Roel's answer I have not found them to be very valuable.  I know
> some people that love them but mostly everyone keeps some kind of scratch
> class to play in that includes class side methods for saving code.  Once
> you
> get used to Monticello or some other form of code repository changing and
> saving code in classes is just as easy.  I really like the idea of making
> the scratch class a test class, it's a good suggestion from Roel.

I will try to do that...

Also I use a Microsoft product (I know I know, but this one is a nice
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/FX010858031033.aspx

I use Linux here ... :s