[Newbies] Re: workspace on:file

cdrick cdrick65 at gmail.com
Sat May 20 13:28:32 UTC 2006

> I think I found a good compromise... I tweaked a bit the FileList2 to open
> a directory called workspaces where I store my text files I want to keep.
> Only two panes with files list in this directory (left)  and content
> (right)... texts can still be excuted and alt+s saves the file :).

I'm pretty happy with this text file reader except that I have an encoding
problem... with carriage return
If I modify the text file on linux or windows (with an external editor),
when I open them with squeak, all cariage returns are replaced by a
square... I suppose it's an encoding problem...  but I don't know where and
how to solve that... so that I can edit this files directly with a text
editor in linux (and windows and others) in a way that remain compatible
inside squeak...

do you have an idea on where I have to pay attention to the encoding ?

Thanks

Cédrick