[Newbies] [Q] Smalltalk book with Squeak

Young-Jin Lee youngjin.michael at gmail.com
Sat May 20 21:06:13 UTC 2006

Dear Squeakers

I am a complete novice Squeak looking for your advice.

First of all, is the book "Smalltalk by Example: the Developer's
Guide" available from http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~ducasse/FreeBooks.html
useful to learn Squeak. It look like this book is written with
VisualWork, but I thought that it might be still useful in learning
Smalltalk.

Second, can anyone suggest the right way to learn a Squeak?
I have read a few online tutorials and one of the books (Squeak:
Object-Oriented Design with Multmedia Application), but I do not feel
comfortable with Squeak programming.

I have many years of OOP programming, mainly used C++/Java, so I do
not need to learn the concept of OOP.

Can anyone share the tips to become an efficient Squeak programmer?

Thanks in advance.

Young-Jin Lee