[Newbies] port from squeak to vw

Roel Wuyts Roel.Wuyts at ulb.ac.be
Sun May 21 08:18:23 UTC 2006

Hello,

The easiest thing to do this is to:
(1) create a package in VisualWorks (in the system browser).
(2) select that package in the browser, and right click on it. In the
context sensitive menu there is an option somewhere to 'file in' (was
phrased differently in different versions of VW). This will file in
the file in this package.

But...

Note that you will probably have to tackle these two problems, unless
you really took care:
- the Squeak protocol for adding methods is different, since
timestamps etc. were added. You need to add similar methods to the VW
classes.This is not hard (just omit the extra arguments Squeak uses
since they are not used in VW anyway)
- some superclasses of your classes might not exist
- underscore problems