[Newbies] greetings, looking for a simple tutorial

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Wed May 24 05:08:57 UTC 2006

Hello Troy,

TB> I've never found a straight forward "this is how you make a simple
TB> UI" tutorial for Squeak.  Does anyone have a pointer?  The sort of
TB> thing I am looking for would explain how to build a UI with a couple
TB> of input fields, a couple of buttons, and a display field for output.

What helped me a lot was the PluggableMorphsDemo. It's a Squeak
project on PluggableListMorph, PluggableButtonMorph and
PluggableListMorph.

I forgot where I got it from, so I attached it, after checking it
works in 3.8.

Next step was learning how to build a UI programmatically. I learned
from TestRunner openAsMorph. This was 3.6 time. All was one linear
method. Nowadays its much better factored and IMHO much less
comprehensible.

I suggest you get that 3.6 image, otherwise drop me a mail and I send
you a fileout of that method to look at in your favourite text editor.

Cheers,

Herbert                            mailto:herbertkoenig at gmx.net