[Newbies] Question on where the new method is define

Mitt Cooper mitt.cooper at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 00:37:21 UTC 2006

I'm very new to smalltalk and squeak.  I'm having trouble
understanding where/how is the "new" method is defined.

I was messing around with morphs; I tried CurveMorph new.  Nothing
happened so I started walking back through the parents of CurveMorph
looking for the method "new".  I got all the way to the top
(ProtoObject) and to my bewilderment... no "new".   I used the method
finder and found the "new" method in the Behavoir class.   How are
these related?  It seems like something with a class being a real
object and descending from behavior, but I can't seem to wrap my mind
around that.  Any help and insights would be appreciated.

Thanks.