[Newbies] E-Toys and Morphic for simple point plotting exercise?

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Tue Nov 14 21:56:24 UTC 2006

On Nov 14, 2006, at 15:54 , Daniel Green wrote:

> I'd like to challenge some students (9 years old to 14 years old)
> to use Squeak to draw a Sierpenski Gasket (http://en.wikipedia.org/
> wiki/Serpinski_gasket) as an experiment with random numbers.

I'm pretty sure Markus Gaelli did that once, surely he will chime in ...

>   Things I'd like to improve:
>
> - a shorter E-Toys version

See attached PNG for my version - four lines of tiles ;-)

> - a morphic version other than just 'view source' of E-Toys tiles
> version

Hmm, there is a directly drawn version at

	http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/1677

> - be able to subroutine or parameter-ize an E-Toys script with a
> point or two numbers instead just one parameter and/or repeating code

Not in this version of etoys.

> - find a suitable PlotMorph or other class which can be used for
> the E-Toys version rather than just scribble with penDown=true or
> create millions of 1 pixel LineMorphs

If you make your pen object small, just use the "stamp" tile.

- Bert -