[Newbies] Bugging out of Squeak

lanas lanas at securenet.net
Wed Nov 15 12:32:41 UTC 2006

Le Dimanche 12 Novembre 2006 13:00, Michael Haupt a écrit :

> On 11/12/06, Another Dave <dooright101 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Let's say you're totally lost, and want to exit Squeak without saving
> > anything from the mess you've just made.

> Are you absolutely sure you haven't accidentally, in the last second,
> hit one of the wrong pixels, i.e., one belonging to "yes"?

There's a UI loop in there which is nevertheless not very graceful I think.

The first option in this sequence is the user clicking the choice:

'Quit without saving the image' (or somesuch, I do not want to change language
just to get the right string that is displayed)

And then, very surprisingly, after the user has made this choice, another
choice pops up that asks: 'Save image ? yes/no/cancel" (idem).

I find this to be squarly not straight, so to speak.  It is confusing for any
user to be asked about saving the image when the user has already expressed
the will of NOT saving the image.  Either remove this option in the first
place, or remove the additional choice of saving the image.

My two cents.

Cheers,
Al