[Newbies] Re: Bugging out of Squeak

Another Dave dooright101 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 15 16:11:26 UTC 2006

Ralph Johnson wrote:

> In the final 3.9 image, at the bottom of the world menu, there is a
> "Save and quit" option followed by a "Quit" option.  The "quit" option
> does what he says, it asks if you want to save before you quit, quit
> without saving, or cancel.  When you see "save and quit" followed by
> "quit", it is confusing to have "quit" ask you if you want to save.
>
> Squeak has been this way for a long time.
>
> -Ralph

Right. I was using this as a sort of "clear all, and restart from the
beginning" command, to clean my newbie errors out the system, and I did
choose "No" to "Save changes before quitting". That's why I was frustrated
to find the image still there when I reloaded Squeak. This happened several
times, so I made the post.

Today, I can't duplicate the problem. Was it my system? Was it me? I don't
know. I will watch for it happening again, and if it does I'll try to gather
as much information as I can before posting.