[Newbies] Video question

Martial Boniou Martial.Boniou at ifrance.com
Fri Nov 17 19:04:32 UTC 2006

It's a good question indeed. I think we all should avoid the use of
proprietary codec. It's not in the open software spirit of squeak. I'm
working with Mac, NeXTstep and Linux so I am not able to play WMV9/10
format. Realplayer and Quicktime Sorenson don't work everywhere too.
I'm starting to do videos too; the goal is to build tutorial of seaside
for friends (and soon everybody with my website) who don't know anything
about smalltalk (but java/php). I chose DivX codec. It runs everywhere.
The robot of one of my friend which is built with ARM9 cpu can read it.

So Andrew, choose divx too. It's not a good format for streaming but it
works well and it compressed more. Remember to use easy-to-read font.

--
Martial