[Newbies] including Traits in Squeak 3.9g ?

Warakorn Paphrawat warakorn_paphrawat at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 18 00:25:24 UTC 2006

Hi !

I would like to work with Traits in Squeak 3.9g, too.
The current VM and Image run very stabble.

The Traits researcher form Bern provide an image 3.9a where Traits are included. But this image is terribly unstable and I am accustomed now to 3.9g.
I want to port the Traits functionality to Squeal 3.9g.
How can I do that ?

The thing is, I read that Traits are included in Squeak 3.9g. I can find the Trait classes and categories. But I cannot create Traits...the Browser doesn't recognize the term Trait oder named or fromClass
e.g.
Trait named: #TsomeTrait
    fromClass: someClass
    uses: {something}
    category: 'some_category'

SqueakMap always complains when I want to install Traits.
I read sth. about loading .mcz files, but the FileList Browser doesn't let me to load.

What can I do to make it work ?

Sponsored Link

$200,000 mortgage for $660/mo - 30/15 yr fixed, reduce debt, home equity - Click now for info