[Newbies] Send a "global" keystroke from code

Rob Rothwell r.j.rothwell at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 07:12:07 UTC 2006

Hello--

I am playing around with a serial port barcode scanner.  The SerialPort
class is pretty straightforward and I can read the input, but is there a way
to then turn that input string into keystrokes that would just be sent to
the active window in Squeak?

All I really want to do is start a task that watches for serial input and
simulates "global" keystrokes as if the user was typing.

I imagine the answer to this question will greatly enhance my understanding
of events in Squeak...!

Thanks,

Rob

--
The foolish reject what they see, not what they think; the wise reject what
they think, not what they see.  -- Huang Po