[Newbies] Stand alone application (was: Image vs. source code)

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Thu Nov 23 10:43:13 UTC 2006

On Nov 23, 2006, at 3:22 , Andrew Burton wrote:

> Tyler Sperry wrote:
>> -- but perhaps someone here will point out the Squeakish way of
>> creating "standalone" (in appearance, at least) applications.
>
> I hope someone will.  I have no burning desire to create a "stand
> alone" Squeak application, but it would still be interesting to know.

Also, you might want to have a look at Sophie:

	http://www.sophieproject.org/download/install

It uses the same cross-platform directory layout I developed for
Plopp. In contrast to Plopp, Sophie is not locked-down, because it is
still in heavy development, but you should get the idea of how a
double-clickable Squeak app looks like.

<shamelessplug>
	Actually, you could also buy Plopp, it's just 15 Euros plus up to 13
Euros world-wide shipping

		http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/3898353664

	Guess you must find someone to read the German on that website to
you ;-)
</shamelessplug>

- Bert -