[Newbies] Stand alone application

Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas offray.luna at javeriana.edu.co
Thu Nov 23 11:14:09 UTC 2006

Hi,

Bert Freudenberg escribió:
> On Nov 23, 2006, at 3:22 , Andrew Burton wrote:
>
>> Tyler Sperry wrote:
>>> -- but perhaps someone here will point out the Squeakish way of
>>> creating "standalone" (in appearance, at least) applications.
>>
>> I hope someone will.  I have no burning desire to create a "stand
>> alone" Squeak application, but it would still be interesting to know.
>
> Also, you might want to have a look at Sophie:
>
>     http://www.sophieproject.org/download/install
>
> It uses the same cross-platform directory layout I developed for
> Plopp. In contrast to Plopp, Sophie is not locked-down, because it is
> still in heavy development, but you should get the idea of how a
> double-clickable Squeak app looks like.

Talking about Sophie, I have been tried to run Sophie in a Linux box for
a while without any success (well from the first try to the last one
things are better, but still not running). I asked in the forums and
there is not answer. I tried emulation with wine and get a little more,
but still not working. I'm wondering why multi platform apps made on
Squeak seems to run better on Mac that in anything else. ¿It's related
with the platform used by developers (which seems to be Mac) or the
particular dependencies of this app?

Cheers,

Offray