[Newbies] Re: >> notation

Klaus D. Witzel klaus.witzel at cobss.com
Thu Nov 30 02:28:59 UTC 2006

Hi Another Dave,

the >> is used in an informal printout (or in code snippets posted), like
in

  UndefinedObject(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #asTraitComposition

Do this in a workspace: (nil asTraitComposition) and you'll get lots of >>
printed out.

But when using >> as message selector,

  (Object>>#doesNotUnderstand:) inspect

results in the CompiledMethod.