[Newbies] Morphic Layout Managers

Kenneth Payne kmp at atrium.fsnet.co.uk
Sun Oct 8 11:28:41 UTC 2006

Am I right in thinking there is way to get a sub-morph to automatically resize
as its owner morph resizes?

I've experimented with TableLayout and it seems to work the opposite way. You
can get a morph to "shrink-wrap" around its components but you cannot get
submorphs to expand or shrink automatically to fill a table cell.

You'd think that using "space fill" on the child layout menu might do
something like this - but it doesn't.

As for Proportional Layout - I can't even understand what it's supposed to do.
Nothing as far as I can tell.

I was hoping that TableLayout might work like the layout managers you get in
tk, Java, Qt, wxWindows etc. But it seems much more primitive.

Am I missing something? Or is this a basic deficiency that explains why many
of the example apps that come with squeak - games, editors etc either do not
resize or become an unusable mess if you resize them?

- Ken