[Newbies] Hi I'm new

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Mon Oct 16 08:03:06 UTC 2006

Hello Alexandre,

welcome here!

AJ> One of the few projects I have been working on is a VM port for the
AJ> Nintendo DS. (A small [PDA like] video game console)

Not really beginnerish :-)) There are also the squeak-dev and squeak-vm
mailing lists.

AJ> Unfortunatly I'm still having a few issues with Squeak. For instance, I
AJ> always suffer from a lack of screen space. My squeak world is just
AJ> overpopulated by Browsers and Workspaces.

My standard Tip:
Try TracingMessagesBrowser which gives you a single window for senders
and implementors. Real screen space saver! And as a bonus you have the
nicely indented static control flow.

AJ> It'd be fun to meet other Squeakers in person and hopefully share a few
AJ> tricks with them. There was an email on squeak-dev about a Smalltalk
AJ> meeting in Toronto but it's a bit difficult for me to get there
AJ> especially during the week. Are there any Smalltalkers in Montreal?

Can't help you here but I'm sure you'll find them on squeak-dev.

Cheers,

Herbert                            mailto:herbertkoenig at gmx.net