[Newbies] Saving a number of classes' categories

lanas lanas at securenet.net
Wed Oct 18 11:01:59 UTC 2006

Le Dimanche 15 Octobre 2006 22:23, Todd Blanchard a écrit :

> Change the naming convention to
>
> Car
> Car-Parts
> Car-Assembler
> Car-PartFactory
>
> This naming convention produces a single Monticello package named Car
> with several sub-packages.
> You'll see this if you open a Package Pane Browser and see how it
> displays things (amber window) with a reglar class browser (green
> window).

I wasn't aware of the Package Browser so far, but it seems its functionality
is somewhat limited as it seems to only offer another kind of view of
categories and classes.  It does show the Car package when renamed like
above, but I did not find the option to save (eg. file out ?) this Car
package.

And the Monticello browser does not even show the Car package once renamed
like above.

So I've tried to use one change browser to save the Car category and it worked
once.  Then I filed in the resulting .cs on another machine.  After modifying
the category a bit, I tried to use the change browser once more on this other
machine but it only showed deleted Car classes (there was a previous Car
category that I deleted prior to file in the change set).

So the question remains.

Cheers,
Al