[Newbies] Etoy tutorials on Squeakland and documentation in general

lanas lanas at securenet.net
Fri Oct 20 21:43:36 UTC 2006

Folks,

  I'd like to go through the Etoy tutorials on Squeakland to
familiarize myself about them but mostly also to be able to show them
to our children as I find that Squeak is a very nice approach to
programming concepts.

  Thing is, what do I do with a .pr file ?  Such as
NewPaint_05.014.pr.  Do I simply file it in ?  Do I view it in Firefox
using a plugin ?

  This brings a related matter: documentation.  Not tutorials, but
complete documentation.  I have the Guzdial book on Squeak (the white
one) and it shows a lot of things, but is there an official
documentation that is not made of snippets of info but is a reference
to Smalltalk using Squeak ?

Cheers,
Al